Well that may be a too grandiose title, but there is truth in there somewhere.
Cookies and I have been on a journey, which has felt very long, as I have desperately tried to create yummy moist gluten/grain free ones that dont feel like trying to consume wall paste. No more, my luck is on the up as these cookies were moist , lovely cookie shaped delights. This is a very basic recipe so feel free to experiment with raisin, chocolate (homemade of course and the easiest thing ever!) , other spices etc.
I enjoyed mine tonight with a cup of cocoa and felt like i should be the fifth sister in Little Women..
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 organic butter 1/4 of 250g packet
- 1/4 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1 organic egg
- few pinches of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut
- 2 tsp local honey I dont use raw to cook with, it becomes a pointless expense
- Pinch of salt
- Begin by soaking the cashews for anything between 1/2 hour - 5 hours.
- Drain cashews and place in food processor and blend for about 5 mins, or until it forms a butter, you may need to add 1/2 tsp of oil, add salt. (note I made cashew butter in large quantities and then measured out amount to save me having to do it again on another day).
- Add all the other ingredients and blend in processor.
- On a greased baking tray place tbspn dollops, leaving some space for expansion (although it is very little.
- Bake on 170c (fan assisted) for about 13 mins but it really depends on your oven, keep an eye on them.
- Take out and leave to cool on wire rack.
Apologies for American cup, but I recently got given some, and hate to say it, find it much easier and it very much suits my creative/slap dash approach to baking.
God Bless America.