Grain Free Cookies
CATEGORIES: GAPS Nutrition Recipes Snacks + Treats
Well that may be a too grandiose title, but there is truth in there somewhere.
Cookies and I have been on a journey, which has felt very long, as I have desperately tried to create yummy moist gluten/grain free ones that dont feel like trying to consume wall paste. No more, my luck is on the up as these cookies were moist , lovely cookie shaped delights. This is a very basic recipe so feel free to experiment with raisin, chocolate (homemade of course and the easiest thing ever!) , other spices etc.
I enjoyed mine tonight with a cup of cocoa and felt like i should be the fifth sister in Little Women..
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 organic butter 1/4 of 250g packet
- 1/4 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1 organic egg
- few pinches of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut
- 2 tsp local honey I dont use raw to cook with, it becomes a pointless expense
- Pinch of salt
- Begin by soaking the cashews for anything between 1/2 hour - 5 hours.
- Drain cashews and place in food processor and blend for about 5 mins, or until it forms a butter, you may need to add 1/2 tsp of oil, add salt. (note I made cashew butter in large quantities and then measured out amount to save me having to do it again on another day).
- Add all the other ingredients and blend in processor.
- On a greased baking tray place tbspn dollops, leaving some space for expansion (although it is very little.
- Bake on 170c (fan assisted) for about 13 mins but it really depends on your oven, keep an eye on them.
- Take out and leave to cool on wire rack.
Apologies for American cup, but I recently got given some, and hate to say it, find it much easier and it very much suits my creative/slap dash approach to baking.
God Bless America.
i might try this, but probably use chia seeds as egg substitute
Hi Kezia! Just a question – do you think these cookies might work as well substituting coconut oil for butter? Also how about macadamia butter instead of cashew?! (I have some intolerances and allergies…cashews are ok in small quantities, but dairy unfortunately is a no-no!!) xx
[…] Breakfast: 2 of my little Basic Grain Cookies with a flask of decaffeinated cinnamon coffee and my special lactose free creamer (recipes coming […]
Leave a Comment