Crispy Chicken Wings & Sweet Chilli Dip
CATEGORIES: Dinners + Lunch GAPS Recipes
Here is a great recipe I discovered by accident a few weeks ago and has since become a house favourite. Who doesn’t love crispy chicken wings? Vegetarians perhaps…
They are so easy to make and this recipe means you can kill two bird’s (pun intended) with one stone in making broth and chicken wings!
You know how I feel about meat (if not check this post out) so you can enjoy these with a clear conscious that your doing your body good (well, unless you eat tons of them – your body may not like that!) Plus chicken wings are a great budget way to not only make healing broth/stock, but then also feed your family meat. A pack of these 12 cost me about £3 and could serve 3-4 easily, plus 5-6 portions of broth too! Total bargain!
Meat – not convinced meat is good? Read this.
Cayenne pepper – is great for boosting your circulation, is an anti inflammatory, helps with heart burn and is a great digestive aid – plus much more but that is a whole post in its own right!
Homemade Sour Cream – is a natural and tasty probiotic, helping with digestion and fighting candida yeast. To make just put a few tsp of your kefir strain or other probiotic yogurt into organic cream and leave for 12-24 hours, until it has thickened.
Broth – here is the how and why of broth.
Crispy Chicken Wings and Sweet Chilli Dip
- Chicken wings - about 12 free range/organic
- Seasoning - cayenne cumin, five spice, oregano etc - optional
- Dip quantities don't need to be precise - it all depends on how much you will eat!
- 3 tbsp Homemade Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Honey
- Few pinches of salt
- First use your chicken wings to create a broth - recipe given below.
- Preheat your oven to 120 -140 c, depending on how effective your oven is.
- The remove your wings from the broth and place on a baking tray and cover with a bit of salt and any seasoning you like - I love them just plain.
- Place them in the oven for 2-4 hours, the longer you leave them the crispier they will be!
- The Dip
- Mix all the ingredient together and taste. Make any adjustment according to you personal preference - I have mine spicy but might like yours a bit sweeter so just add more honey.
What did you eat yours with?