‘Ferrero Rocher’ Truffles
CATEGORIES: Nutrition Recipes Snacks + Treats
I have to say I had no intention of creating ‘Ferrero Rocher” Truffles.
I was, in fact, trying to make a healthier version of Nutella but after my wonderful friend was over on Saturday night we both agreed it doesn’t taste remotely like Nutella chocolate spread (I will keep trying) but it does taste super good and she said like the inside of a ‘Ferrero Rocher’. Hence the Ferrero Rocher Truffle was born!
So as it is the weekend of love, which is another golden excuse to eat chocolate, either with your girlfriends over a bottle of wine and Clueless running or with your loved one, then these are super decadent but won’t give you a sugar crash the next day or leave with that sexy ‘I am so bloated look’ which we all know is a bedroom classic! NOT.
I have to say I am not a massive romantic or fan of valentines day – our grand plans are to sand our floor boards – but these will definitely power us through that romantic activity.
Made from organic cocoa, coconut oil, organic butter, and hazelnuts these are full of natural goodness and make for a very rich treat. And if you are new to the whole natural sweetener thang then make sure you grab my free natural sweetener guide now by Clicking Here!
I am often encouraging my one2one clients to add more cocoa into their diets (if their digestion allows) as it a great source of magnesium which is crucial for hormonal health, sleep, pain reduction, muscle recovery and much more, along with more natural fats as good amounts of healthy fats and protein help you to HEAL.
(>>Click here to book your free 30min one2one consultation to see how can start to heal from the inside out!)
And remember whatever you do or don’t do that loving yourself every day enables you to love others well and that is really what getting healthy is all about.
Need ingredients? Check out my shop
- 200g hazelnuts*
- 3 medjool dates
- 80g organic butter
- 2 tbsp scoops coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp stevia**
- 3 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- Place the hazelnuts, butter, coconut oil and dates in a food processor and blend until silky and shiny - roughly 10-15 minutes.
- Then add the other ingredients and taste. Add more cocoa for a darker taste or more sweetener etc.
- Place in fridge for about 30min to allow to harden.
- Remove and then take tsp scoop out and shape into a small (or large!!) ball and roll in cocoa and place on some grease proof paper.
- Then place in freezer.
- Serve straight from freezer for a harder texture or from the fridge for a much softer doughy texture. I like BOTH!!
- *I soak and then dehydrate my hazelnuts first. So I soak them for about 8 hours in salted water then drain and leave to dry out in the oven at about 100c for 12 hours. This makes them more digestible but also enriches the flavour.
- **If you don't have stevia use tbsp of raw honey or any other natural sweetener of choice and just taste until it is at you desired sweetness.
- Feel free to use any other type of nut - hazelnut give it the unique Ferrero Rocher flavour but any nut would be super tasty!