Meatballs & Veggie Spaghetti – Gluten Free
CATEGORIES: Dinners + Lunch GAPS Recipes
You know I am all about the cake and sweet treats.
In fact I hopefully have another ebook coming out in April dedicated to sweet treat snacks that are all sugar-free and DIVINE! Things like sticky toffee muffins, after eight chocolate slices and much more.
But a girl cannot live off cake alone. I mean obviously I have tried but it didn’t cut it health wise. And FYI you can still be addicted to natural sugars. (I realised this after binging on medjool dates cover in almond butter…)
So I am going to even out the balance and share with you some delightful dinner options that are going to help you heal and THRIVE!
And I have to say meatballs are one of my MOST favourite things. I love beef and could honestly eat these are day long and here is why:
- Great source of b12 – this is essential for energy and healing and there is not plant based source of this.
- Omega 3 fatty acids – again super helpful to REDUCE inflammation and most of us are deficient
- Selenium – essential for happy thyroid function, skin and way more!
- Zinc – needed for happy and strong immune system and strong nail etc.
Plus so much more.
Meat = Happy body*
I am putting it out there again. I eat meat and love red meat. I choose organic high-quality stuff but I love to eat it and it has been an important part of my healing journey. Yes the mainstream meat industry is pretty horrific, cruel and unnecessary and obsessed with genetically enhances, drugged up, hormone pumped chicken breast but that is not the only choice we have. (Click here to read more about why I eat meat)
And if you want some bespoke healing advice that helps you to listen to YOUR unique body then this week is the LAST WEEK of my one2one coaching sale then click here to book your FREE 30 minute consultation to see if I am the right fit for you !
So if you have been avoiding red meat for health reasons alone then I dare you to add it to your diet 😉
(Psst….get your spiraliser and other essentials here)
*ethical reasons aside, not eating meat can also be a moral and ethical issues but I am talking about this from a purely physical nutritional point of view – I 100% understand why people become vegan or vegetarian – I tried it myself for a while but it complicated and increased my digestive issues.
Meatballs & Veggie Spaghetti
- 500 g organic beef mince
- 1 tsp dried sage - optional
- 2 onions - chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 2 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 250 ml homemade stock/broth
- 3 tbsp tomato paste concentrate
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- VEGGIE SPAGHETTI
- 2 courgettes
- In a pan with some fat (tsp of coconut oil, ghee or animal fat) add the chopped onions and salt and salute on medium to low heat for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile place the mince in a bowl and add 1tsp of oregano and seasoning to the mince and blended and 'Moosh' with your hands. Then grab tbsp amounts and roll into small balls.
- Add the meat balls one but one to the onions and brown quickly all over the balls so they are no longer pink ( they won't be cooked thoroughly at tis point though).
- Then once meat ball are done add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and bring to boil and then leave to simmer with lid off for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins taste the space and add more seasoning as required and serve with veggie spaghetti and top with cheese or fresh basil if desired.
- Meanwhile using a spiraliser make the courgette spaghetti (I just eat mine raw) or serve with some gluten free spaghetti
Feel free to also use shop bought stock cubes - just ensure they are gluten and crap free 😉