CATEGORIES: Dinners + Lunch Recipes
Ok, so this dish may not scream CHRISTMAS to you, but nothing beats a cold wintery night like a warming, spicy chilli, serve with guacamole and some soured cream in my opinion. Plus with all the shopping, present wrapping, parties, and family get togethers you really need some quick and easy meals to put together when energy is dwindling.
This dish is super quick and easy, it take about 30 mins to make and if you make it in bulk then you have dinner sorted for the next few meals. Make sure you have read my Meat blogs about why the quality of you meat is so important and why organic is best. Feel free to shove in any vegetables you like as its a great way of hiding loads of vegetables in one dish.
This is a more ‘festive’ version as I added more warming spices like cinnamon and cumin, but feel free to omit this for a bog standard chilli that is still delicious! Serve on a bed of brown rice or on top of a heap of spinach or mashed celeriac. I serve mine with some homemade guacamole and organic cheese all on top of a big bowl of spinach! If you make it – why not post me a picture of it on my facebook page?
- 500g Organic Mince
- 1 tin Chopped Tomato
- 4 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 Onions
- 1 Carrot - chopped
- 1/2-1tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (optional)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander (optional)
- 2 Garlic Cloves - chopped
- Fresh Coriander for garnish.
- Saute the onions in ghee or coconut oil until they are soft, add salt.
- Then add the mince and spices and allow to brown for 5 mins on a low heat.
- Add the vegetables and keep sautéing for a further few minutes.
- Add all the other ingredient and keep on a simmer until cooked (15-20 mins)
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa, or on top of a bed of spinach, with a good handful of organic cheese.