Kiwi Kick Green Smoothie
We always need a good dose of vitamin C. I am very intentional about making sure I have enough vitamin C throughout the year for teethe following reasons:
1. Because I used to ( I love saying used to) have awful chronic hay fever for about 4-5 months of the year. I looked stoned most of the time and I would take every drug under the sun for it. Now through healing my gut and sorting out my body a bit it has massively reduced and pretty minimal in comparison. But I do also implement natural remedies to help (read about my natural hay fever toolkit here) and vitamin C is one. I take this naturally sourced Vitamin C as well as either a green smoothie or fresh juice.
2. Secondly I have been feeling pretty tired and am thinking my adrenals may be a bit on the fatigued side and did you know that your adrenal glands store the highest amount of vitamin C? Stress causes use to us up our vitamin C stores and therefore I have been very deliberate about putting lots back in.
So enter in the Kiwi Kick Green Smoothie! Amidst the chaos of life (and your kitchen as you can see in the pictures) you are only ever one green smoothie away from feeling a whole lot better!
I know it can seem a bit weird blending spinach but honestly if you want to do just one thing to help your body then just add a green smoothie.
They take less than 2 minutes a day and they taste delicious as long as you have the right recipe (if you don’t it may taste like pond water!) And to help ensure you have no pond water smoothie experiences I created the 10 Day Green Smoothie Challenge, with over 45+ recipes and daily support so that you can simply and deliciously create that healthy, healed and happier life you want.
I feel better, I look forward to making smoothies as they taste great and are quick and easy to make. I have mainly been having anti-inflammatory ingredients and have noticed an improvement in joint pain and less stiffness. Also crave sugar foods less and feel that I retain far less fluid. ANON
But if you need convincing just whip this simple recipe up…
Filled with vitamin C rich kiwi’s and spinach but also some Baobab Powder to add even more immune boosting goodness and some chia seeds to help hydrate your skin and give you lasting energy. I used some homemade almond milk in this but feel free to use any milk you like.
So as always grab the ingredients and blend and GO!
- 2 kiwi's peeled
- 1 banana
- 400ml almond milk (or water)
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- tbsp chia seeds
- tbsp boabab powder
- handful ice
- Blend in all together until smoothie and drink immediately.
- Feel free to experiment and it will still taste great without baobab or chia seeds too!